US Customs clearance is included in every booking.
Exporting self-propelled and driveable cargo such as machinery, trucks, and cars requires the approval of US Customs and Border Protection. Our team of experts ensures your shipment is approved as quickly as possible.
Your RORO.com booking includes export documentation and US Customs clearance at no additional cost. Booking your shipment on RORO.com helps prepare you for the Customs clearance process, with clear instructions based on the port of loading for your shipment.
Every port has different requirements for Customs clearance, and our team is standing by to help simplify the process for you.
General guidelines for US Customs clearance:
- US Customs requires original ownership documents. Copies will not be accepted.
- Ownership documents can include original titles, or notarized commercial invoices.
- Items must be “paid in full”, and have no outstanding liens to be approved for export.
- All documents will be returned to you after processing.
- For vehicles from Canada, original registrations are used instead of titles.
Depending on your shipment’s routing, it may be necessary to deliver documents to the port along with your cargo, or to send original ownership documentation to our offices for processing. No matter what the requirements are, all documentation will be returned to you after the US Customs clearance process.
We look forward to working with you on your upcoming international shipment. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 1-407-605-RORO.